Sunday, November 19, 2017

Resting...On The Sabbath...With The Muppets


Sunday is known as a day of rest--there's precedent for it, after all. We've had some illness hit the homestead this week so we decided it was best if we all stayed home so as not to invite more illness and make things worse. Like almost everyone, we've got a big week ahead of us.

So what does one do when resting and letting others recuperate?

Watch Muppets Christmas Carol, of course!

Now, being cast in a production of Christmas Carol draws me to the story even more. My wife and I watched the show together and both wished the Muppets version could somehow be seen on stage, with or without the Muppets. The music is inspired. Then again, I'm sure any version without the Muppets would lack that magical quality.


There is one potential liability to staying home all Sunday after going through a very long and tough week. The Nap Monster can and does strike at any time. We put on the movie, I remembered the Marley's haunt of poor Michael Caine...

Then, the next thing I know, Scrooge is berating Bob Cratchet (a.k.a. Kermit...) for not being at work. Cratchet tries explaining that Scrooge gave him the day off, and Miss Piggy threatens to raise Scrooge right off the pavement. I basically missed the whole movie because of a nap.

Thanks to the miracle of instant media, I can watch it anytime. But, only if I'm not napping.

1 comment: