Sunday, December 1, 2019

I'm Sure Going To Miss This Team...


I'll admit it--I was a little nervous, especially after the first quarter. The men in red were supposed to smash their opponent and show the world they deserved to be considered a top-four team. I guess I shouldn't have worried, though. The final score told the tale--a thirty-point win over a conference foe.

What a season this has been!

Sports are a strange animal. The more you trust, the more you risk, the greater the glory...

The greater the pain.


Sports isn't the only thing that generates such feelings. Anything you commit to, that you work for, that you admire, can all cause such a reaction.

This year's U of U football team, well...they've brought the feels.

The game ended the same way they last eight have ended--a Utah win. I've been a fan of the Utes for decades. There's been players I've loved to watch. This year, there seems to be a lot of them. I was fortunate enough to see them play in person. While I watched last night's game, hearing the roar of the crowd brought back that feeling. When you're a fan of a team and that team is wining, there's nothing like sitting with tens of thousands of fellow fans as they scream out their support, stomp their feet in unison, and do anything they can to push their team forward.


This year's Utah team will play at least two more times. Their season as players--our season of fans--is not over. If they're really good, there's a chance they'll play three games. I have no idea how this season will ultimately end. I hope, on a win. But even if they don't, those experiences and memories and feelings we've accumulated since an August win against BYU have been marvelous. I'm going to miss this team.

Thanks for the incredible season. Let's end it the same way.


* All photos used without permission from the ABC broadcast

No comments:

Post a Comment