Friday, December 27, 2019

Erased...From Existence


Back in August, 2017 (August 14th, 2017, to be exact...) I wrote a blog post about how excited I was that a mini-series was finally posted to YouTube twenty-two years after it originally aired. The show, Syndey Sheldon's Nothing Lasts Forever. I was excited because I was in it and you can actually see my skinny and young mug a couple of times.

It was my claim to fame.

A few weeks ago, our team at work got a new supervisor. Because he's new, he wanted to get to know his team so he asked for a bit of trivia about ourselves that others might not know. I thought it would be fun to send him the link to the YouTube video of the show and tell him the exact moment to watch so he could see me.


Easy, I thought. After all, I had blogged about the show in 2017 and even included the link to the YouTube video on that blog post. When I tried finding the video to send to him, I found out the video had been taken down. If you do an internet search for the show, you'll find a poor substitute that only includes about half the screen (I guess it's the only way the makers of the film will allow it on YouTube...). And, unfortunately, any scene I was in has been cropped out.

Bummer.

I can definitely understand why it was taken down. After all, I'm sure whoever posted it did not have the rights to the show allowing them to do it. It wasn't the best show of all time--I would think whoever made the film would like people to have access to it. Most people can't even remember it--having it available would let anyone check it out.

So, I have some screenshots and memories. If you click: HERE you can access the blog post from 2017 and see small grainy videos of me in the show. Hope they don't take those down, too. I guess I'll just have to find some more extra work next time a mini-series comes to town to film... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment