Thursday, December 12, 2019

Leaving Notes On Cars...


My wife and I pulled to the grocery store last week and parked the ol' minivan (yes, we're still rocking the minivan, and we love it...). I got out and spotted a note on windshield of the car directly in front of us. I didn't think much of it until we were done shopping. The car was still there, so was the note.

After loading up the car, I decided to see what the note said. To be honest, I really didn't read what it said--I wanted to snap the picture quick before someone (most likely, the car's owner...) thought I was being "weird" by taking a picture of a random car. That thought went through my mind because I'd probably think I was being weird if I saw someone do what I was doing.

Because I didn't read what it said at the time, I had to wait until I got home to check out the picture. The windshield wiper blocked out the last word, but I think it says, "You're soooooo smart!" Of course, the last word could be small, smack, smarm, smalt, smash, and/or smaze.

Pretty sure it's smart.

That got me thinking...was this supposed to be a kind note, or a sarcastic one? If the latter, I don't remember the car being parked in a way so as someone would go to the trouble of informing the owner via a note that they were "smart" because they parked dumb. Maybe the driver did something dumb as they drove in, someone saw the dumb thing they did, and wanted to relay their thoughts via a note to the driver.

The possibilities are (almost...) endless.

But, it could be a nice note. Maybe the writer knows the car's driver and wanted to compliment them. Sure, let's go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment