Saturday, December 28, 2019

"Kenny's Looking Good"...Amber Said


I love seeing people succeed after a lot of hard work and perseverance. It reminds me that someone can actually see their dreams realized, see their wishes come true.

Years ago I met author Ramon Terrell at Salt Lake's FanX comics convention. Not only is he an accomplished writer, he's also an actor, working hard to write, act, and do his day job. I follow Ramon on social media. Leading up to this season's Christmas movies, Ramon announced he had a part in Hallmark's upcoming movie, A Family Christmas Gift. Of course, I was excited for him and the opportunity. 

Then I watched the film.

And boy, Ramon didn't have just a ten-second scene with a couple of lines. He had a much bigger part. How big? There's the two leads--the romantic couple that will end up together, there's the big star Patti LaBelle, then there's Ramon and all the other co-stars. 


As for the movie, it was good, predictable (as most Hallmark Christmas movies are...), but good. What I enjoyed most is watching a person I know find success in something he absolutely loves to do, and is good doing. Yes, he's finding success as an author and I love seeing people succeed in that, too. But, reading his posts, knowing all the hard work he's put in, it's satisfying to see all that work pay off.

Early in the film, the main character, Amber, played by Holly Robinson Peete, said after Kenny--Ramon's character--takes her luggage into the house, "Kenny's looking good."

She couldn't have been more right.

No comments:

Post a Comment