Sunday, December 8, 2019

Taking Several Walks Down Memory Lane...Or Stage


Normally, I don't participate in many social media challenges. You know the kind...where you're tagged to do something, then you're supposed to tag others to do the same thing (mostly I don't participate because people don't "tag" me...). But, a few weeks back, one came around that looked fun.

Because I was eventually tagged, I took part. If chosen by someone, we were supposed to post a picture for ten days that was to help bring awareness of the arts. I did it--ten pictures in ten days. I have no idea if it helped the arts or not, but I do know, it brought back a flood of amazing memories.

In the challenge, the "post-ee" was not supposed to include any explanations--just the picture. There were times I wanted to explain the photos and some of my memories, but I didn't. I haven't done a lot of plays, but doing averaging a couple a year since 2000, it adds up. I couldn't include every show I did, so I looked for some interesting shots.

It was fun.

It was memorable.

It made me miss a lot of people and the times we shared.


Of course, we can never go back--even if a person could somehow assemble everyone who was in a show to do the exact same show, no matter how long between those shows, things would be different. It can never be the same.

People do shows for a number of different reasons. We're supposed to do it mostly for the audience, and I suppose that's why I did them, too. But, when you're involved in live theater, other benefits can't help but come along with the ride. 

I'm slowing down as far as shows go. I'm averaging one a year the past couple of years, not counting my paid gig at Lagoon in the fall. It suite me right now. 

When I see the pictures I posted, they make smile. When I see others, I understand why they posted theirs--they mean so much to them. Who knows...I may just participate in more of these challenges after all.

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, people dancing and outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment