Tuesday, December 10, 2019

I Finally Broke Down And Bought A Pair Of These...For Twenty Bucks...At The Gas Station


I remember when I first saw the design. I think like most, I wondered if they would even work. And if they did, how easy would they be to lose. Of course, the price tag for the originals were, in a word, steep. Because of events that took place a few years back (mostly, due to deaths...), I had the means to purchase authentic Apple products, phone, laptop. But I draw the line at paying list price for genuine Apple Air Buds. It's not that I wouldn't want them--I'd take them in a second. But, that price...I just can't justify it.

I saw the knock-offs that hit the market a few years ago. And because I already had cheap headphone substitutes, I never really saw the need to pick up a pair. That is, until this morning when I walked into our local Chevron gas station and saw them--pairs of faux air buds for $20. Finally, a price point that agrees with me.

I bought them. I charged them up, and turned them on.

I like them.


Now, I can't say what the models that costs hundreds of dollars are like. I've never tried out a pair. I'm sure they're light years above my "cheapest thing I could find" models. The thing is, I don't need all the literal bells and whistles. I need something that works when I want it to, and allows my headphones to be physically disconnected from the device and not have a wire to connect the two headphones. That's pretty much it for me, and twenty bucks got me that.

There is one big drawback that comes with the purchase, however. I will now look like one of those guys...you know who I'm talking about...the guys who where those headphones. I hope it's worth it. And considering the price I paid, it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment