Monday, December 23, 2019

It's Beginning To...Smell A Lot Like Christmas


There are many obvious advantages to telecommuting. Then, there's some that are not so obvious, some you will only know about when it happens, like, never having to buy shoes again--especially work shoes. The shoes I used to wear for work will never wear out, only being worn on Sundays.


I'm discovering another advantage to working from home this week--the way the house smells at Christmastime.


The house also smells good at other times of the year, especially if dinner is simmering in a crock pot all day and I leave my office and am hit with the smells of a delicious meal. Today, however, it wasn't dinner I smelled as I emerged from my office--it was dessert. 


My wife and the kids are baking, getting ready for Christmas. Today they made chocolate peanut butter squares, egg nog, and sugar cookies. Yesterday, it was chocolate coconut thumbprint cookies. And as the holiday draws near, we'll move into other aromas, scrambled egg breakfasts, ham dinners...it IS a wonderful time of the year.

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas. And that's all right by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment