Monday, December 9, 2019

Looking Up At The Sky...And Thinking


Normally, on Monday mornings, I'm down in the basement hard at work for the great citizens of the State of Utah. This morning, I was also hard at work, but instead of being stuck at my desk, I was taking public transportation to attend training. Like any job, keeping up with constant change is important.

After the training, I was subjected to non-rush hour commuting. Basically, I had to wait for the next train that comes once an hour. Thankfully, I was prepared for the weather and it wasn't that cold. It was while I was waiting that I heard a low rumble and thought it might be the train. If so, it was about ten minutes early. That just doesn't happen. Since the train station is near several busy roads, I thought the sound was coming from a large truck passing by. I dismissed that, too, because the sound kept getting louder.

I looked up and saw six military helicopters flying overhead.

It got me thinking.

There's so much I don't know about military life and military operations. I wondered if these copters were returning from a mission, training or otherwise. I wondered if they were flying in the correct flight pattern (I have no idea if they have preference to fly anywhere they want...).

It's a little weird seeing military vehicles and planes, especially among us civilians. You see them driving in a caravan on the freeways. Where are they going? It's like they're a secret society and we're living in their world and not the other way around.

I took out my phone and videoed the aircraft as they flew by. I'm assuming they were flying to Hill Air Force Base, but they could have been going anywhere. There's so much I don't know about the military. I think it would fascinating to learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment