Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Those #$%&* Christmas Lights...


We've lived in our house since 2003 and since 2003 we've hung outside Christmas lights around our front door. The way we designed the front porch works well with lights, at least, we think so. One day we'd like to go all-out and put lights all around the house and on our huge pine trees that are next to the house.

One day.

Then again, maybe we won't.

Normally, I put up the lights and forget about them. They've worked well year after year, but this year we've been bit by the Christmas light gremlins. And it's a tad frustrating. 

A day or two after I put up the lights they were all out. After a little troubleshooting, I found the problem. The first string was bad. I quickly checked the 100 bulbs on the string and they did not come back on, so I got another string--one that was working--and replaced that first string. 

We're good, I thought.

Nope.


Within a few days of working fine, they all went out again. Once again, I found that first string out. This time, I found the problem--when placing a snow shovel against the railing, it broke a bulb and blew the fuse. No problem--I'll just replace it again, which I did.

Last night, after several days of full illumination, I went outside and saw all the lights out again. The first sting is out. I'm thinking I'll just leave it as it is. I mean, I suppose I could replace the string yet again, but what's the point? The strange thing is, this has never happened before in the sixteen years we've lived here. 

Those #$%&* Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment