Friday, December 6, 2019

Instead Of My Dinner With Andre...I Had My Lunch With Todd


It' hard to believe that ten years ago (or maybe a little longer...), I had never met Todd Wente before. Then, in a matter of months, not only had I met him, he and I were in a performance group together. It was called A'cabbella, a Christmas handbell and singing troupe. Soon after that, he and I were in our first show together.

We've been doing shows together ever since.

But, it's been a while since I last hung out with Todd. We decided today would be the day to change that. The location: Crown Burger on 33rd and State. The Menu: fast food. The topic of conversation: lots of things.


If you haven't met Todd, he's a force of nature. I can honestly say there's no one quite like Todd. I guess you can say that about anyone, but some people make you realize just how unique they are. Todd is one of those people. Today, we broke bread, we had some laughs, we talked about shows, school, FanX, and second careers. And after a while, with the food long gone, it was time to go.

Working at home, and not doing as many shows as before, there are many friends I don't see near enough. I suppose that's part of getting older. Other things take precedence, priorities change, the importance of time changes. 

I guess, with time separating events like today, they mean even more. And if any of you (that know Mr. Wente...) are thinking of having lunch with him, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment