Friday, October 6, 2023

Anytime Is A Good Time...For A Pun War


 It began innocently enough...just a simple sharing of a meme, a meme containing a pun. For those of you who don't know me, I love puns. I love them in an almost inhuman way. Puns are a sign of higher intelligence...of this, I am certain. So, I found a fun little pun meme and texted it to my friend--you know, something to break the monotony of work.

Thus began the war.

Truth be told, it was a short war...consisting of three volleys. I sent one pun. He responded, hoping to inflict damage. His was good, no doubt. I felt, however, I had to finish him off. 

I sent yet another pun.

He did not respond.

I guess I won the war.

Of course, I could have continued the battle, lobbed yet another incredible pun to inflict further damage. Would he respond? Probably, unless he was paralyzed by the effects of the masterful puns I sent.

The next war may be fought in a day, a week, a month, or maybe never. If so it will most likely be instigated by me...I cannot resist. He may find one he knows I will enjoy. I will inevitably respond with a blinding pun of my own...rarely does he best me in this category. And if that happens, I may write about it, I might not.

We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment