Thursday, October 5, 2023

The Nigh The Mosquitoes Swarmed...


 Before I went outside to play fetch and pick up puppy nuggets, I decided to put on a long-sleeve jacket and pants.

So glad I did.

I thought the mosquitos would be bad, but tonight they were extra bad, ferocious, just plain evil. 

I know, they're not evil, at least, they don't know they're evil. They're just bugs trying to survive, trying to suck the last drop of blood from whatever creature they can find, and because it's getting close to the time of year when they'll eliminated...not from exterminators or bug zappers, but from Mother Nature, once things freeze outside, that's the end of them, until they pop up to feast again next spring.

They were so bad, I wondered if I could capture the attack on video. I took out my phone and began filming. I warn you, the video is not pretty. You may want to put the kids to bed before watching. I only wish the poor quality of the video player here was better. 

It's the eternal struggle, man against beast, us against them. Thank goodness for winter. It's one of the advantages of living where we do.

Without doing any research, I understand mosquitos are important to the overall ecosystems that keep our planet alive. Just how important, I'm not exactly sure. It's human nature to put up with annoying things, as long as they're in someone else's yard. I'm guilty of that. Still...

I'll be glad when the snow flies.



No comments:

Post a Comment