Friday, October 27, 2023

I Just Don't Live...In A Starbucks World


 It's not my world...

And it shows.

I was given a Starbucks Gift Card as a kind gesture at the last FanX event. Today, we finally used it. My wife and I stepped into one of the thousands of Starbucks across this amazing country and I ordered a hot chocolate. 

No coffee.

That's basically why I never visit Starbucks.

As they prepared my hot chocolate, I sat and took in the atmosphere. Of course, I've visited other Starbucks in the past. It felt the same in those businesses as well. There's a feeling you experience in a Starbucks, to an outsider, it's like being in a club or a fraternity/sorority. Maybe it's the smells...I don't know for sure. Something is different.

Because I'm not a regular, I didn't hear my name called (it might not have been...) when my drink was ready. We sat at our little table as I watched patron after patron who came in after us fetch their coffees and leave. I finally stood and saw my cup on the counter. I wondered if the workers thought I was dense as they saw us waiting for something ready to go. I'm sure they could tell I didn't belong.

I've often wondered if I drank coffee, would Starbucks be a regular stop for me? Would I feel at home inside their shop? I'm guessing, no. Not because it's not quality, but because of the price. I can't justify paying premium price for something like coffee. Then again, who really knows?

Don't know when I'll step foot in another Starbucks...

Maybe when I get another gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment