Wednesday, October 11, 2023

It Can Be Yours...For Only A Cool Million


 I saw the post on my social media feed today. 

It's the (possible...) end of an era.

And it can be yours if you have the cash.

It's also sad. In the three years since we moved to this little town at the top (latitudinally, not elevation...) of Utah. Having moved from a town that had almost as many people as currently live in our new county, there's things we missed. If you know me at all you understand I love to check out thrift stores. The town didn't have a big thrift store.

Then, a couple opened a second-hand store. It wasn't big, but they had some good stuff. They then moved to a larger space just up the road. As time went on, they upgraded their space again until finally they found themselves in a great location, a huge space on the town's main street. 

Things were looking up.

At least, that's how I saw things.

Of course, only a few know the whole truth. Was the store successful? Did they have issues staffing the store, or with the inventory, or donations? I'm sure they did...it seems every company deals with these things and more. I don't know the details behind the decision to sell, but, well...there it is.

Now, the store and a house are for sale. The million is for both, not just the store and what's inside. Maybe there's a reason our little town lacked a big thrift store, and may again in the future. Maybe it's too much work for the community to support. I've got to give it to the owners. They worked hard to give us an option. I hope things work out for them.

And if you've got the funds, you can move up here with us and give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment