Monday, October 16, 2023

Fan Art...A High Form Of Praise, Indeed


 I got a text message last week. It included a picture...a computer drawing of a house.

But, not just any house. It's the house where I've been visiting each fall for the past several years. It's not a real building, but a facade, a representation of where Professor Black holds a spooky ritual. The drawing was a gift, of sorts. Fan art from a fan.

My autumn side gig takes place at an amusement park. It's an attraction, something those who enjoy scary things greatly enjoy. It's where Séance, the Dark Ritual is performed each weekend and will continue until the end of this month.

I loved getting the drawing. It's something the fan didn't have to do, obviously. We live in a world where everyone looks out for themselves, does things for themselves, or at least it seems that way. This fan went out of his way to recreate the place we, that do the show, all love.

I can't remember the last time I did something like that for someone else, share a talent just for the fun of it. I hope when I see opportunities to do the same kind of thing, I'll act.

I think the picture means so much to me/us, because the show means so much to those who do the show. We've had incredible memories doing the show.

Fan art...high form of praise, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment