Saturday, October 14, 2023

Sometimes...You Have To Use The Good Camera


 I guess it takes a solar eclipse to realize you have more than two cameras.

Today was that day.

This morning the family gathered outside to take pictures of the solar eclipse (incredible, by the way...). I ran inside and grabbed my Nikon 3300. I snapped some pictures of the sun/moon combo through clouds...

And then I saw the rose bush.

Snapped a few more photos.

I bought my Nikon years ago. I love that camera. I also love the camera on my phone. It's not the best camera phone, but it's adequate. That's the problem...adequate. It's just good enough to get good shots, but not great, not like the cameras on new phones. One day I'll upgrade, but today is not that day.

Of course, it's cumbersome to lug around a big DSLR. That's not the only disadvantage. You can't edit the photos as easily as you can with a phone. You can't instantly upload and send pictures to friends/family.

Still, I look at this picture of one of our last roses of the season and I wonder if I should be using the Nikon more, lugging around the big camera, waiting until later to download the photos to edit/send them.

Sometimes, it is. Sometimes, you have to use the good camera...

Because it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment