Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Hoping It Snows In The Next Thirteen Days...Sort Of


 If you follow this blog (or my other social media accounts...), you know I post a daily picture and have done so for quite some time. When I started, Facebook would only allow 200 pictures in a photo album. I don't know when they increased the limit for their albums--I keep creating a new album when I reach 200 pictures (maybe I fear change...). Currently, I'm on Album #23.

That's almost 4,600 pictures posted.

I'm thirteen pictures away from Album #24.

On April 2nd of this year, I selected a photo of our dog in our backyard. As you can see from the above picture, it's snowing. I wanted to remember the winter we all lived through...it was a doozie. Maybe it's because we were hired to shovel eighteen driveways (including our own...) and it nearly killed us--it snowed so much. The winter never seemed to end.

The April 2nd picture was the second picture in my Album #23. On October 16th of this year, it will be Day 200 for the album and I'll begin another one. I thought it might be fun to have a picture of it snowing at our house before photo #200 is posted.

It could happen.

Right now because of recent storms, I'm seeing snow on the mountain range to the east of us. Ski resorts are posting pictures and videos of newly-fallen snow on their slops. Yes, they are thousands of feet higher than us in elevation, but we have experienced snowstorms on the valley floor in October before. Without looking at official records, it's probably more often than not that we get at least one snowing before the month ends.

I'm most likely in the minority to want it to snow so soon, but if it hits before the 16th of this month, then I'll have photos of snow bookending the album with summer in between.

For me, that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment