Saturday, March 19, 2022

Another Bumper Rock Crop...Just Like Last Year


 How quickly spring arrives. Why, it seems like just yesterday we were working in the yard, moving rocks. 

Lots and lots of rocks.

Last year, we put in grass. That was a minor miracle. We found the cheapest way possible to pull the sprinkler pipe through the rockiest land you ever saw. We helped put in the sprinkler system and when summer hit, we had a yard.

It was a blessing...something we needed. Now, with the big stuff in, we need to focus on the smaller things, like taking care of the space between the house and the grass. The problem is, the projects don't feel "smaller." They feel pretty big. Today my wife and I took on a couple of patches, the space at the end of the driveway and a section near the back door.

We only worked a few hours, but the difference was shocking. Now, we've got to just figure out how we can finish up.

Whenever I see someone post on social media the birth of a new child, I remember bringing home each of our four children. There's one thing I always forgot about bringing home a baby...the days of getting a good night's sleep were over. Working in the yard today reminded me of something I had forgotten--just how sore and tired my body feels after even a short time in the yard.

I also forgot just how rocky this land is. Yes, we had another bumper crop of rocks this spring...just like last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment