Saturday, March 26, 2022

Swapping Old (Free)...For New (Free)


 Today, we shopped. We traveled east, found some things we needed, did not find other things we needed. Spent too much time in traffic, then returned home. We decided to stop at one last place in town.

They didn't have what we needed, either.

We turned for home. Instead of going one way, I went another, and that made all the difference.

"Free," the hand-drawn sign said that was attached to the exercise bike. "Look at that," I said to my wife, and I slowed down. "You stopping?" she asked.

The fact that I did answered her question.

The thing is, I've been looking for an exercise bike like this one, one more like a paddleboat than a bicycle, like the one we have in our humble home gym. We obtained that one from our neighbor who didn't want it anymore and had not gotten rid of it yet. I used it whenever I worked out (which was a couple of times a week...). It worked okay, but it was starting to fall apart. The worst part of it was my wife really couldn't use it. For that reason, I was thinking of replacing it with another...

With one like the Free ProForm 955R exercise bike sitting on the side of the road.

My son and I loaded it in the minivan and we took it home with us. I moved the old one out and put the new one in...both used, both free.

I thought it interesting that something unless for one person can be useful for another. Using that theory, there's someone out there who would gladly take our old piece of equipment and be glad for it. Unlike our neighbor, I'm not going to set our old bike out for someone else. I believe it has completed its mission.

Swapping old free for new free...looks like it worked out for us this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment