Monday, March 7, 2022

One Of My Favorite Shows...


 I found myself thinking of a show I did years ago. One picture from a social media site and it all came back, the music, the people, the amazing time we had on, and backstage. The show was Shrek, the Musical, and it was a blast.

It was 2015 at the Centerpoint Legacy Theatre in Centerville, Utah. I'd never seen the show, nor had I heard the music, but after doing the show, it became one of my favorites. I had seen the animated film, but after being in the musical, I can't bring myself to watch the film again...and even though there's some amazing voice talent in that movie, it's just not the same. It needs the music.

Every show has its own feel, its own vibe. For Shrek, it was always charged, as if we couldn't wait to get onstage and do the show. I can honestly say not all shows are like that...some, but not all.

A local theater company is doing Shrek, the Musical this summer. I've worked in that theater before--great venue, great people. Maybe it was the casts and people at the theater where I did the show...maybe it's the show itself. I can't be sure, but I'll bet that those people fortunate enough get in the show this summer will love it and they'll be unable to wait to get on that stage and perform the crap out of the show.

And I hope when it's all said and done, it'll be one of their favorite shows, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment