Friday, March 11, 2022

It's March...Wish It Was August


Many sports fans love March. It makes sense...there's a little tournament nicknamed "March Madness." Normally, I enjoy following the tournament. This year, I don't know if there will be any local teams involved so I may skip it.

In the past couple of years, I've skipped a lot of sports...

Like, all NFL games, almost all NBA games, all MLB games.

Removing sports in my life isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have many friends who follow no sports whatsoever. They use their time doing other things, like writing books. Unfortunately, I haven't spent my time away from sports writing like they do. If I used the time like they do, I've have written millions of words filling volumes of books.

A few blocks from our house there's a semi truck dealership. There are several trailers parked on the lot...one of them is unique. It's the semi trailer for the Utah State University football team, and it's beautiful. I am an Aggie fan. They're my second-favorite local college football team. I will root for them every time they play...unless, of course, they play my favorite college football team. Then, sorry USU...got to be true to my school.

It's March, an incredible time for sports fans, if you like the sports being played right now. But give me August, and even though it's way too hot in August, it's my favorite time of the sports year.

No comments:

Post a Comment