Sunday, March 20, 2022

Give Thanks...Things To See


 Each night I've been taking the dog outside to...you know...and in the past couple of weeks I've had the opportunity to watch a waxing moon become a full moon. Because a nearly-full and full moon on a cloudless night is one of the most amazing things to see, I try and snap a picture or two.

It usually ends the same way...not representing anything to what I'm actually seeing. 

It's at times like that I remember just how amazing the human eye is. Now, I don't wish to be insensitive to those who are unable to see, or their eyes do not work properly. It's just that, with almost all things, imitation almost never matches the original. I believe that no camera works as well as the human eye.

Of course, I'm no scientist or inventor so there may be something out there that is as good as a human eye, but I doubt it.

I remember being a small (ish) child in church and we'd be asked what we were thankful for. Inevitably, someone would answer they were thankful to be able to see. They would then proceed to list all the things they saw...beautiful skies, trees, baby deer, a new bicycle. But, in reality, they could have just stopped at, "thankful to be able to see."

I'll keep trying to capture the "perfect shot," something that perfectly represents what I saw. Chances are, that won't happen. Still...I'm thankful I can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment