Friday, March 18, 2022

That Brilliant, Unfamiliar Feeling Of...Sleeping In


 I almost couldn't believe it...I glanced over at the AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio W/Cassette communications system on my nightstand and the time read 8:22am. I was blown away.

At first, I didn't believe it. Sometimes I think I'm genetically unable to sleep beyond 7am. When I work, I get up before that time, of course, but on my days off, oh how I wish I could sleep in, even just a little. Last weekend, I woke up every day I didn't work at the same time I would have needed to wake up had I worked.

I think the Daylight Savings Time changed helped, and not just because it was darker outside. Usually, outside light doesn't affect my sleep very much. Then again, maybe Daylight Savings Time didn't play into it. I mean, it's been almost a week of adjustments since the time change.

This morning, though...no interruptions from the cat to wake me, no alarm clock buzzing, nothing just uninterrupted sleep...

Until 8:22am, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment