Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day...And Also The Day Before


 I know, I know...it's a day early, but many of you (my dozens of readers...) may not see this until tomorrow and tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, the 2022 version.

I don't do it often, but occasionally I'll check back on previous blog posts to see what happened years ago. I did a quick search of my blogs for "St. Patrick's Day." Looks like those words appeared in one post, a post from 2013. Not being Irish, we don't usually celebrate the day very much, other than wearing a bit of green. And my wife occasionally makes corn beef and cabbage. That's about it.

But something happened back in 2013 that I thought was a wonderful memory for our family. My nephew got engaged. In some ways the nine years have gone by quickly, but it also feels like they'd be celebrating a greater anniversary number. The post highlights other couples who chose the Irish Day as a day to get engaged.

In an interesting turn of events, if you read that original blog post from 2013 which you can access by clicking: HERE, you'll see that the couple was actually engaged on March 16th, 2013, not the 17th, so unbeknownst to me, today is the real anniversary for them.

Funny how things work sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment