Saturday, March 5, 2022

Murphys' Bed...Or Murphy's Bed?

My son and I had the opportunity to assemble and install a Murphy bed. It was quite the ride! I know about the concept--a bed that folds up into a limited space, perfect for multi-tasking rooms. But, this was the first time I ever put one together, raised it and lowered it, and saw one first hand.

I've never lived in a home where one was installed. It seemed all the homes I've lived in did not need a Murphy bed. After spending several hours de-boxing, then assembling, then installing the thing, I'm now a fan. I can definitely imagine having one of them in our house.

The assembly process reminded me of putting together Ikea furniture...same process. And when we finished the room allowed for a bed to be folded down or when folded up, the room could be used for other things. The question, though is this...

Murphys' Bed, or Murphy's Bed?

A simple intenet search holds the answer:

It's Murphy Bed, not either of the other two options.

So, that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment