Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Pictures Of Desserts...And The Accompanying Comments


 I post a lot of pictures on social media. I know others who post many many more pictures than I do. Likewise, I know people who post almost none. I started posting daily pictures over a decade ago...4000+ so far. I figured out a long time ago that I wasn't posting the pictures for the reactions. I did it because I wanted to keep up my photography skills and to show everyone just some of the things I see everyday.

I don't post pictures, necessarily, for the comments.

Oh, I like comments, for the most part. It's fun to read the thoughts of others and see what they think about what I saw and photographed. Some photo genres get more comments than others...namely, pictures of desserts.

It makes sense. You shove a photo of freshly-baked doughnuts in front of my eyes and I take notice. My mouth begins to water and I suddenly get the urge to have a doughnut. After all, aren't we all Pavlov's dogs? I suggest we are.

Because we got a functional oven last month, we've been on a baking craze and what better to bake than desserts? Okay...lasagna is up there, too. And because the desserts both look and taste so good, I just had to photograph them and post the pictures. That's when I get the comments.

Because I take and post a picture a day, I don't take pictures of everything I eat...just certain ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment