Tuesday, March 29, 2022

So Good...Wanted More


 We got an advert in the mail a few weeks before the event. I decided I'd like to go check out the open house at the Utah State University extension at our local town. 

I waited until the day of the event, then I forgot all about it. I forgot about it until a few minutes before it ended. I raced to the building only a few miles from my house, parked the car, and ran in.

There I met Dave (I think I'm remembering that correctly...). Being somewhat new to the area, I wanted to know about maybe taking a class, or even better, teaching a class at their extension. We chatted for a while and we discussed the options. I have no idea if things will work out. I'd like to think that if things are meant to be, they'll happen, so we'll see if anything does happen.

The night of the open house, I noticed they had pizza for the attendees. They asked if I wanted any. I declined--my wife was at that moment bringing home dinner for us. But, and this caught my attention, Dave asked, "Would you like some Aggie Ice Cream?"

Uh...yeah!

I hadn't had Aggie Ice Cream since I attended USU in the fall of 1984. That's a long time between treats. As we age, we forget things. I forgot what I ordered the last time I ate the ice cream, but I remembered it was good.

I told Dave I would like some so he went to the fridge and and got one.

"Here you go," he said and handed me the ice cream. I took it home and after dinner, I indulged. I had True Aggie Night which contains vanilla ice cream swirled with raspberry ad dark chocolate raspberry-filled hearts. 

It was delicious...if only the container were bigger. Can't complain too much, it was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment