Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Couple Of Beauties...


 Call it a coincidence, call it fate...whatever you call it, I happened upon two classic cars, parked in the same lot at the same time.

So, naturally, I pulled out the phone and snapped some pictures.

Truth be told, I probably would have taking a couple of photos of the classic Volkswagen by itself.

One car, British, the other German. I believe the VW was built around 1972 (give or take...). I used to be able to identify a bug no matter what year it was made. Like many things, that knowledge has fled. The midget I know less about. I'm assuming it's around as old as the bug. I've always loved the way those MGs look and I would love to be able to putter around in one of them, but I've never owned/driven one as I have beetles.

Both cars appeared to be in great shape. I'm sure I could afford to buy neither. However, the goal in life (at least, for me...) is not to be able to have everything I'd like to have. This makes for a potentially very unhappy life. No, I can appreciate the vehicles without having to "own" them.

As I took a picture of the VW, I found it interesting that along with the classic version, I caught a picture of a new bug. I was so excited when it was announced almost thirty years ago (can't believe it's been that long...), that they were bringing the beetle back. I was convinced I'd be getting one. I've had more than enough opportunity to buy one, but I never have. The charm of no heater, no window wiper fluid, no safety standards, and not knowing if you're going to actually make it to your destination isn't usually found in the new beetles.

The midget pulled up as we got out of our car, and the owner of the beetle climbed in his German ride as we left. Two drivers enjoying two classic cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment