Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Trip Downtown


Each Thursday for the past few months I've been putting in a 10-hour shift, then I get in my little car (no more deer incidents--fingers crossed...) and drive to SLC. If I drive just over the posted speed limit and am fortunate enough to find one of about 10 parking spots on the street, I arrive on time. Today was not only another Thursday when this ritual took place, it was my final Thursday to complete the drive.

My writing assignment is basically over.

A few years ago some friends of mine approached me and asked if I would be interested in writing a screenplay. They have been making movies for years, but have always wanted to make a feature film. I was honored they asked me to help.

Draft after draft we toiled, we planned, we discussed, we made changes and finally came up with a story we think is good. Of course, it's a long way until I blog about attending an opening, but I'll be sure to keep you up to date on the project's progress--of that you can be sure.

I snapped a couple of pictures of downtown. If you have been in SLC lately, it's a lot different and there are even more changes coming. I'll miss the sessions with "the Brotheren" (my nickname for my friends...) but hopefully we'll have a chance to work on another project in the future. We'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment