Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Return To The Slopes After A 17 Year Absence

Tonight I joined the scouts and went night skiing. The last time I skied was in 1993. I was honestly scared that I had forgotten how to ski, and I lacked confidence in my D.I. purchased equipment, but all fears vanished once I hit the slopes. I had a blast!





All the scouts and leaders climbed aboard the party bus. Yes, those are sofas lining the sides of the bus. And yes, those are words of past passengers lining the walls and ceiling of the bus. I'm sure the transportation did not meet all safety standards, but it was a great way to get to Wolf Mountain.











My sons came with me and it was the first time they had skied, ever. They did great and had a very good time. I had no idea how they would do, but they exceeded any expectations I might have had.









We skied from about 6:30pm until the lifts stopped around 9pm. My knees were not the same knees I had while in my 20's. I'm going to feel it in the morning.







I must try and get a few hours of sleep before I again rise to the call of mandatory labor, but for a few hours on a Wednesday with the scouts, we had a terrific night!









No comments:

Post a Comment