Sunday, March 13, 2011

Perfect Casting Chapter 3

When I thought about blogging about perfect casting, this was the one that started it all. Even though I think Jack Black in "School of Rock" and Robert Downey Jr. in the Iron Man movies are more easily recognizable as perfectly cast actors, this one proved the most difficult to identify, but made more sense the more I considered it.


There's a line from the film and all of yo who have seen the movie know the line. On the opening night of "Peter Pan" the patrons see young Peter and say he's Peter Pan, but the child realizes the truth, that James Barrie is the real Peter Pan, and, indeed, so is Johnny Depp.


We see the actor and from experience, we know how he can transform himself into almost any character imaginable. To see him as Peter Pan requires little effort.


When we watched the film again several weeks ago, I was reminded at just how powerful a film it is. Not only powerful, but a wonderful film as well. It is one of my favorite movies...just a great film.


I had planned on only blogging about three actors, but many of you have suggested others. I have enjoyed pontificating about the shows and offering my opinion on said shows. Perhaps in the future, I'll do another.


No comments:

Post a Comment