Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camping, Last Day...


Last night (and I have no clue what time...) I wrote the following:

I drug this dang computer 3 ½ miles up an incredibly steep trail (at times it was steep) and my pack was so heavy so I’m waiting to go to sleep until I write SOMETHING to justify the added weight. I can’t believe I brought my computer on this trip. Boy, I need an IPad!

But it is so beautiful out here. I just wish as we hiked I knew the destination. That was the hardest part of the whole thing—not knowing just how far we had to go. There’s quite a few life lessons in that, but I’m too tired to think about those right now…

I remember telling my son last night that the hardest part of the trip was over. I may have spoken too soon. Coming down that dang mountain top this morning was tough and as we got close to the parking lot, I couldn't recall a lot of locations because as we began our hike yesterday we were walking in a downpour.

I'm now home and so, so, so (and so again...) tired--and a lot sore. The first thing I did was weighed both my backpack and my son's backpack (I had to carry mine on my back and his in my arms because his pack didn't fit...). Total weight carried up/down the mountain: 67 lbs.

But I'm home and that's always the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment