Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Memorial No More...




The I-15 Crosses Are Gone...
About a month ago while driving home I noticed a Utah Highway Patrol vehicle parked at the base of the wood crosses built to honor two fallen officers. I wrote about them last May in this blog. Here's the link: The Story Of The I-15 Crosses.

 


The next day when I drove by the two beehives, the symbol used by the police force, were missing from the crosses. I thought they did this due to the pending lawsuits. Last week I drove by again and noticed that everything was gone, no crosses, no flag, nothing--just frozen ground covered by snow. 

Tonight I snapped a couple of pictures of how it looks now. I know there are legal issues that caused the memorial to be taken down. I know both sides of the argument have valid points when it comes to the memorial. I only wish more people know of the sacrifice Office George Dee Rees and Officer Thomas Rettberg gave for us. Having the crosses there meant at least someone remembered...





No comments:

Post a Comment