Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Store Or Toy Store?


I walked into a B&N today (for the first time since last November...) and I asked myself...is this a bookstore or a toy store?


My 11-year old asked my why they sold all this other stuff at a bookstore. It's a valid question. I told her it is because the bookstore people have done their research and they know that people that buy books also buy Lego kits, pedometers, Angry Birds plush animals, water bottles and card games.


We walked in tonight to buy a 2012 calendar and it's a tough store to leave when all you are going to purchase is a calendar. I love that my kids love the store. I love that I love the store. I used to hate the fact that I would never be able to read everything contained in its four walls, but I'm over that. 


I did see a gap between a couple of books. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to fill that gap...

No comments:

Post a Comment