Monday, January 9, 2012

I Can't Catch Them All...


A Week Of Sunsets...

I left work this evening and as I'm prone to do, I looked west and saw a beautiful sky at dusk. Unfortunately, where I work, there are no good vantage points from which to snap a decent shot of a sunset. I know there are better spots to take a picture of a sunset, but for me, my back porch is where I like to stand and take in the views.


As I climbed in my car and headed out of the parking lot, I knew I wouldn't get home in time to capture all the incredible colors I was seeing. I almost dug into my backpack as I cruised home on the interstate and grabbed my camera to take a picture of the western sky. And even though I've done it before, I thought better of taking a picture of the sunset going almost 70 m.p.h.


I pulled into the driveway and after saying hello to the family, I stepped out on the porch and snapped a shot. It's the darkest of all these photos--the first picture on this post.


I didn't realize until tonight that I snapped photos of sunsets almost every night this week. There's been some fantastic displays and I hope they continue.


As I drove away from work I wished I could have been home about 15 minutes earlier. But then I thought that there's no way I can catch them all. There's no way I'll be around (and with my camera...) when each and every beautiful sunset graces the valley with it's unique magnificence. I guess, like with everything, I'll just have to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment