Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA...I Think Mal Explains It Best...


SOPA...What Is It Good For?

SOPA was all over the place today. I must admit from the start that I'm not an expert on the subject. I heard some interesting commentary concerning it today. One of the best things I heard was that the internet is one of the few things that works, and it works really, really well...

 

Whenever I think of the government taking control of a previously uncontrolled entity, like the internet, a scene from one of my favorite movies comes to mind. Now I know that what the characters in the film are dealing with is not the same thing as the average internet user dealing with SOPA, but...still, I thought I'd include the scene. Oh, and also, the character's actions in dealing with their dilemma should in no way represent an adequate or recommended response to SOPA. Just want to make that clear...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Scott for posting. by the way, Love Firefly and Serenity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I just finished watching Serenity. We watch it a lot, but yes, how fitting is that scene! So perfect. Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete