Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Four Horses Lying Down...


Four Horses Lying Down

A few months back the snow-haters chimed in and they spread their anti-cold message all over my social media sites like confetti after a New Years Eve celebration. I guess they hoped by saying enough times how much they hate winter that it would make a difference. I wonder if they have...
I returned back to work today (hearing that alarm this morning was a very unpleasant experience...). At work, my cubicle is situated with an incredible view of Davis County facing north. As I listened to the 5 podcast episodes of "The Writer's Almanac" (I saved up...) I decided to go outside and enjoy Garrison Keillor's hauntingly calm voice as my companion. Without even thinking about it, I left the building sans jacket, but it wasn't needed anyway. Except for a little haze (cough...cough...) what a beautiful day it was.

Across from out office someone keeps four horses. I like horses, but only from afar. I'm not necessarily afraid of the regal quadrupeds, but my immune system hates them. Too bad, but at least I can use the excuse of allergies to derail that awkward "I want a pony" phase my daughter passed years ago (in her defense, she never wanted a pony...).

As I approached the horses and they were lying down. My limited equine experience told me it's not good for horses to be lying down (kind of like it's not good for state employees to be lying down, and I can't see how the two can be compared...). When I got back to the building, all the pretty horses were up and doing horse things, so I suppose everything is okay, everything except the lack of cold and snow... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment