Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back In The Tabernacle Again...


It's Good To Be Back...



Years ago (many, many years ago...) I spend a lot of time on Temple Square in downtown Salt Lake City. Before there were sister missionaries assigned to the square to give tours, Volunteers were used to gave tours of the various buildings and points of interest. One of the tours involved the Tabernacle. I was one of the people who got to drop three pins, and in contrast, a nail. I did the tours for a couple of years. It was fun.


Around that same time I joined the Mormon Youth Chorus and I sang with them for three years. We rehearsed each week in the famous Tabernacle and sang each conference. I got to know the building very well.


Tonight I sang in the building again. I think the chair configuration has changed, but so much more has stayed the same, namely, being in that incredible space and hearing beautiful voices echo off the domed ceiling. It's been a couple of decades since I've sung in the Tabernacle. It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment