Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plastic Shopping Bags...


Plastic Shopping Bags

I find it hard to throw away those plastic shopping bags (I have the same issue with paperclips...). At work I have a box that once held reams of unused printing paper--the pages have long since been used up with state government bureaucratic business. When I'm done with a plastic bag I throw it into the box. I’ve never emptied it.


I’m not a hoarder or anything like that. I take the bags and wind them around the fingers of one hand then wrap the handles around the bag and cinch it closed. When shopping and I'm asked if I want “paper or plastic,” I always answer plastic. It's a "dammed if you do, dammed if you don't" proposition, I know, but I choose plastic because the bags can be used for so many things once the groceries are removed.


At work my box of rolled up bags was overflowing so I decided today was the day to take action. I reached down in the box and removed most of the bags and put them in one of the bags and put it in the recycle bin at work. Of course, I did not recycle every one. After all, I might need one tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment