Friday, May 18, 2012

Joe's Greenhouse...


"We're going to plant our garden this weekend," a co-worker told me as we took a morning walk last week. "But I hate going to that one nursery--it's a nightmare!"

"Have you tried Joe's Greenhouse?" I asked. "We usually do." 

"I went to Joe's last year," said another co-worker. I love that place."

And so do I.


Due to our crazy spring this weekend was really the first weekend to buy any garden plants. We thought we might be too late and all the seedlings would be gone. We were wrong. Joe's had a lot of plants left.


If you're not familiar with Joe's Greenhouse, it's a nursery located on the old road between Kaysville and Layton, Utah. Joe no longer runs the place on a day-to-day basis. If you want the man in charge, you've got to talk to Wayne. He's the man.

I've known Wayne for more than 25 years. He's a good man. Due to the rainy day business at Joe's wasn't as busy as it normally is when we visit so Wayne and I had a chance to chat. I wish we could visit more often, but that's the nature of life, I guess. I do know that next spring I'll be back and hopefully Wayne will be there working and we'll get a chance to talk again. I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment