Saturday, June 28, 2014

If You Like Ford GT40s...You'll LOVE This Place!


A week ago I visited a very cool place, a museum of priceless cars, cars that would make Jay Leno jealous.


I took pictures mostly of the GT40s, but the building is full of Ford Mustangs, Cobras, as well. It's located at Miller Sports Park and you can get details of its hours of operation at their website: HERE.


In addition to looking at amazing cars, I had the opportunity to visit the Larry Miller Museum with someone who used to work at the racetrack. He filled me in on a lot of facts, which made the experience that much better.


One interesting fact is, this GT40, #1, is the same car that won the 1966 24 Hours at Le Mans. It's pictured in the black and white photo below--it's the very same car.


And this car, the #40 was the GT that was used in Steve McQueen's move Le Mans


The museum that is named after Larry Miller has more Cobras than any other place on the planet and it's the only place you'll find the GT40 Mark I, II, III, IV, and V all in one place.


I've got a brother-in-law that's a gearhead and next time he visits, I'm going to suggest we go out there and check out the Mustangs and Cobras. 


But when I was there last week, I couldn't take my eyes of those beautiful GT40s.



No comments:

Post a Comment