Monday, June 30, 2014

He Works Hard For The...Fun


My son bought a new toy last week and it arrived today.

And there was much rejoicing.


I know what you may be thinking. It's a video gaming system. There are other things, perhaps better things a teenager could spend his hard-earned money on. When I was just a little older than him, I spent just over double of what he spent on this system and bought my first car. I must say, however, this new toy is so much more advanced than my first car, and I'm sure it works a heck of a lot better than that first car, too.


But I'm proud of him because he paid for the whole thing himself. My son has a lawn mowing job that he does twice a week. He saved his money and he bought a refurbished game console. He didn't even pay for the express shipping--too much money.


Last year he purchased a similar item with his money and he saved up for that too. He's gotten a lot of use out of it in this last year and I suspect he'll do the same with this new toy. Like I said, there are other things he could have bought, but I think if I was his age and had that kind of money I earned, I might have done the same thing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment