Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Family Christmas Card...In The 21st Century


I never think about Christmas cards until the day I start receiving them in the mail. I know that for many sending cards is a Christmas tradition. For some reason, it's never really caught on with me. Maybe it's taking the time to get the cards, write on the cards, address the envelopes, get stamps, put the stamps on the envelopes, write and include a note explaining how the passing year affected each member of the family, insert that notes into the already-stamped envelopes, seal the envelopes then put them in the mail.

No...for some reason, it always slips my mind.


But, I do find myself with a computer on my lap much of the day and I find it so much easier to create something then mass send it to as many people as possible. I know it's impersonal, but if I don't do it, then it won't get done.

I was asked to make a little video that includes pictures of our family during various events of the past year. I admit--it was fun to put together. I then chose a great song to play with the pictures and videos and we burned several DVD''s...you know, for family. We sent those in the mail for family out-of-state.


Today I tried to post that video on Facebook, but they have a little something called "technology" that they have working for them and this "technology" detected the song I used on my video might not be mine (the "technology" is correct--I am not Bing Crosby or a member of the Andrew Sisters, nor I did not write, sing, nor do I own the rights to Mele Kalikimaka...). "Technology" 1, me 0.

I edited the video, put on some generic music then put it on Facebook. I wanted to include it on the blog, but it's too long, so if you'd like to see it, check out the link: HERE But even if you never see our little video, rest assured, the Taylors have experienced much in the last twelve months. It's been a great year!



Oh, and for the record, the cute red SUV isn't ours...it's my mother-in-laws, in case anyone was wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment