Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Skies Of Last Thursday...


Last Thursday those of us who live along the Wasatch Front were treated with a couple of amazing displays. On occurred in the morning around 7:40 a.m., and the other just before 5 p.m. late in the afternoon. Though I had some poor locations from which to take pictures, I got a couple of shots of these incredible skies.


Because of the hours I work and where I'm located on the globe (as well as the tilt of the earth...), I arrive at work in the dark, and usually leave work in the dark. Normally I don't get a chance to take pictures of sunsets at this time of year. Also, because I'm working when the sun rises and there are a couple of buildings blocking my view, I really can't see the sunrises.


On Thursday, however, I got as good a picture of the sunrise as I could. I'm sure some in the valley had an incredible view of the sky.


That night's sunset was fantastic as well. I had no choice but to use my phone to get pictures of it. Like the sunrise, many had great views to see that evening sky.


As the seasons move and the days get longer, I can enjoy the sunsets almost every night. I try and take pictures as much as possible--my laptop has SO many sunset pictures on it, many I've tried to share. But two days ago, those of us who live in this area were blessed twice.


1 comment: