Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Legendarium Podcast...Something New


Ever since I learned about podcasts a few years ago (I was late to the party…) I subscribed to almost every one I found. And since that time, I slowly came to the realization that there weren’t enough hours in the day to listen to them all.

So, in the past couple of years I’ve been peeling back on the podcast subscriptions, dropping old podcasts more than accepting new ones. And even some of the few subscribed podcasts are not listened to every time. It’s kind of like call screening, but for podcast. I've deleted many a podcast without listening to it and only listening to the longer ones if the subject sounds interesting.

Last summer at the 2nd Salt Lake Comic Con, I was introduced to a new podcast, The Legendarium Podcast. I attended a panel where four dudes talk about all stuff nerd. The main reason I attended the panel is because I was friends with three of the four geeks.

I enjoyed the panel very much.

But it wasn’t until this week that I actually checked it out.

And, I was impressed!

About a year and a half ago, I started my own podcast. I think I released six episodes. Funny how I’ve written a daily journal for almost 30 years and kept a daily blog for almost four, yet I didn’t keep up on the podcast thing. Basically because it took a lot of work to do a podcast, at least, the way I did it.

The Legedarium Podcast episodes last about an hour and (based on the three that I listened to this week…) involve the same four guys that were on the Comic Con panel. The first two podcasts talked about Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn series and their general thoughts concerning that epic work. It seems the boys are in between topics.

A successful podcast must have interesting content—that’s a given. And The Legendarium Podcast did have that. I was also impressed with the production value with each speaker being heard and heard clearly. On the most recent episode there was some unfortunate laughing (Thanks, Todd!) that almost blew out my eardrums. I listen mostly at work, but sometimes I’m listening to podcasts while walking to and from the bus stop and I have to crank the volume.

Suggestion—if Todd begins one of his famous “laughs” (some of which can only be heard by dogs…), have him move away from the mic. Just a thought…


After trying a couple of shows, I subscribed. I am interested in the content and these guys do know their stuff, at least, they did with the topics they discussed in the few episodes I tried. And it’s always cool to know personally someone being proactive and doing something they really enjoy. If you’d like to give these nerds a shot at your attention, the link to their podcast is: HERE. You can also “Like” them on Facebook: HERE or go to iTunes and check them out. Lay on, Macduff!

No comments:

Post a Comment