Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Who Knew...I Had A Fan In Arizona?


It's not every day you find out that someone in Arizona knows about your blog. I found out about it on Facebook.

My friend J. Scott Savage, an amazing author and good guy, sent me a little message back on September 16th. Scott said that a nice woman came up to him at a writer's conference he attended there and asked if he was Scott Watty Doodle. To which he answered he wasn't.

Of course, I wanted to know just who that nice woman was. I would have loved to talk to her and see what she thought of my blog. Was she a regular reader, or did she see it once and the name stuck? I've written many times why I write my blog. It's obvious to anyone who studies these things, I'm not writing to the masses. I write it mostly for me and my family. And, if I ever made it as an author, it would also be for my fans. 

I thought at one time that I wanted a lot of readers, a lot of blog post views. But to do that, I'd have to change things. I'd probably have to give up writing daily, and produce more like a one or two posts a week. Also, the most popular blogs seem to focus on single issues, like politics or writing about a specific genre. I didn't feel like doing that, so I didn't and I haven't. Thus, my following appears to be loyal, but small. They're the chosen few.

And so I continue writing my daily little blog post, like this one. One day I might one day travel to conferences in distance lands and maybe--just maybe--someone might come up to me and ask me if I'm Scotty Watty Doodle. 

And on that day, I'll say, "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment