Monday, January 16, 2017

0 And 4...


0 and 4. What does that mean? It could mean a lot of things, but in this case, it's how NFL teams I would have liked to see win this last weekend did. Four loses, zero wins.

To be clear, I wasn't too invested in any of the games. I used to be--I used to really get into the games, get up for them, get excited for them--especially the playoffs--and hope the teams I really wanted to win, did. I used to be more into sports than I am now. Maybe it's because I've grown up and realized that my life is not as impacted as I thought it was when a team I liked won or lost. I do know I don't spend as much time watching sports as I once did. I keep up with the scores, and because of the amazing technology we now have, I can have a game playing on my phone while I'm doing other things. But that deep-down, live-or-die attitude I once had, it's pretty much gone.

There were three games I really didn't care much about. The one team I would have liked to see win lost in a close game--bunner. My friends who love their teams and saw them win, were ecstatic. Of course, they'll face another test of their loyalty next week as the winners meet for a chance to go to the Superbowl. I was once there, hoping for just two more wins to become immortalized for all time, or at least, until all the records are destroyed in the apocalypse.

And when that time comes, no one will care either way if they went 0-4, 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, or 4-0 in NFL playoff games during the third weekend of January in the year 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment