Tuesday, January 10, 2017

D.J. Butler's "Witchy Eye"...Is Coming!


I've heard about this book for months, not in a nagging or overbearing way, but I'd see a post on social media here, a tweet there. Today I checked Amazon and it's available for pre-order. Its official release is March 7. You can access the Amazon information: HERE.

That's really close, well, when compared to Leap Years.

I think I've written more about Dave Butler's books than any other author. There's a reason for that. He, perhaps more than any other author, has helped me in my writing goals and writing aspirations. When I first met Dave, first Salt Lake Comic Con in 2013, I saw in him a talented and driven artist. He had self-published several novels, several short stories, and was featured in several anthologies.

I, on the other hand, had done hardly any of those things. I watched as Dave kept writing, kept marketing not only his books, but himself in front of crowds. By seeing what he's been able to accomplish, I see a hope for me.

Dave's latest, Witchy Eye is (as taken from its Amazon website...): 

A STUNNING BAEN BOOKS DEBUT. A brilliant Americana flintlock fantasy novel set in a world of Appalachian magic that works.

Dave's also got good endorsements from some heavy literary hitters. Sounds amazing.

Over the years I've seen Dave work his butt off, write like the wind, and find success. You could say that all this hard work culminates in the release of his latest book. Then again, you could say the same thing about the release of the previous book last year. And hopefully, after the first week of March, as many people as possible will be able to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment