Friday, January 27, 2017

Rediscovering..."Seinfeld"


After random channel surfing this afternoon, I stopped on the TBS Network. It was showing a random episode of Seinfeld

Man, what a great show!


To say, "they don't make shows like that anymore," is only half the story. In reality, they never made shows like that--it was the only one. I remember watching the pilot. A friend, Clifton May, had just completed an internship in Washington D.C. and he heard about a comedian named Jerry Seinfeld. We ended up watching a bit he did on The Tonight Show. Seinfeld began the next season and so I watched it.

I continued watching for nine years.


We have the series, a box of DVDs that now seem so old fashioned. This afternoon my wife and I sat and watched two episodes and just loved them. The timing, the chemistry of the cast, the excellent writing--it's pure comedy gold.

We have a DVD player, but we hardly ever use it. We have some movies and TV shows--not too many--but we end up watching other stuff instead of getting up, opening up a case, opening up the DVD player, and putting in the show. It's just easier.

It's been probably a decade since we've watched them (when we did watch the series, we bing-watched...). I think it's about time to do it again. They're just so, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment